A popular tree nut from the hickory tree and is native to North America and Mexico.
- A serving is 1 ounce, about 18 pecan halves.
- 1 serving has 196 calories
- 70% of the pecan is fat
Are considered a food that helps lower cholesterol and supports heart health
- What benefits do you get by adding Pecans to your diet?
- Monounsaturated fat- oleic acid
- Fiber to support your digestive system and coronary health
- Magnesium- an anti-inflammatory mineral
- Contains antioxidants like Vitamin E
- A 1oz. serving has 2.6 grams of protein
How to add it into your diet?
- Top your salad with them
- Top your oats, quinoa, or brown rice with them
- As part of a trail mix
- Add into your homemade baked goods
- Have a serving as a snack with an apple
This food can be purchased at the Z’Harmony Wellness Store for your convenience.
Provided by: Melissa Vertosick, CHHC, AADP
Appointments now open on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. Please make appointment at front desk by calling 724.468.3999. Visit the S’eclairer website at www.seclairer.com
For more diet and lifestyle information, visit thewholelifeapproach.com