Chickpeas are a legume that goes by several names and has a nutty and buttery taste. Most often you will find the cream colored, round, and large beans. They can also be light tan to black in color and vary in size. The larger is known as kabuli-type while the smaller are known as desi-type.
What benefits do you get by adding Chickpeas to your diet?
- 2 cups provide your Daily Value
- 65-75% is insoluble fiber, beneficial for colon
- Helps with lowering LDL cholesterol, total cholesterol, and triglycerides
- Antioxidant protection
- Helps balance blood sugar
- Molybdenum (mineral that plays role in enzymes and found in tooth enamel), Manganese (bone development support), Folate (or B9 aids in cell growth and brain cell communication), Iron, Zinc
How to add it into your diet?
- Add to salads
- Bean soups
- Chana dahl
- Roast for a healthy snack
Provided by: Melissa Vertosick, CHHC, AADP
Appointments now open on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. Please make appointment at front desk by calling 724.468.3999. Visit the S’eclairer website at www.seclairer.com
For more diet and lifestyle information, visit thewholelifeapproach.com