What does vitamin C do for your body?
- Water soluble antioxidant
- Reduces inflammation which can help with osteoarthritis + rheumatoid arthritis
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Enhances iron absorption
- Needed to produce serotonin
The RDA for adult men is 90mg. For women it is 75mg with more needed when pregnant or lactating. Smoking increases the amount of free radical damage in your body. The National Academy of Sciences recommends that if you smoke to include an extra 35mg of vitamin C in your diet daily.
Good sources of Vitamin C include:
- Citrus fruits: Lemon, Lime, Orange, Grapefruit
- Swiss Chard
- Acorn Squash
Provided by: Melissa Vertosick, CHHC, AADP
Appointments now open on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. Please make appointment at front desk by calling 724.468.3999. Visit the S’eclairer website at www.seclairer.com
For more diet and lifestyle information, visit thewholelifeapproach.com